Volvo Penta is the Volvo Group´s sales channel to the external engine market. Volvo Penta offers diesel and gasoline engines and complete drive systems for leisure boats, workboats and industrial applications such as for instance equipment for container handling, mining and power generation. With approximately 4,000 dealers in some 130 countries, Volvo Penta has a uniquely strong global presence and one of the strongest brand names in the marine and industrial engine business. At Penta we have steady focus on customer and market demands, we constantly drive things forward to produce results and adapt quickly to changes. We are open-minded and understand that diversity and experience drive progress. We know that well balanced teams increase group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solutions. We will continue to show change in order to secure continuous improvement.
The Volvo Penta East Europe (VPEE) branch office located in Gdynia, Poland is looking for a:
We intend to strengthen our Market Support team within VPEE organization with a Technical& Application Support professional.
The position reports to VPEE Market Support Manager with the aim, to support our customer in proper installation of our product. Give technical support to our products, dealers and customers, particularly on the marine applications.
As Service Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Providing technical support to Volvo Penta Center and Key OEMs as directed by the Market Support manager
• Ensure right competence level about the products and services he/she shall support by attending training as agreed with the local Market Support manager
• Ensure right marine engine installations mechanically and electronically: in line with legislation and with Volvo Penta installation guidelines
• Perform practical marine product installation checks
• Providing technical support and investigation in the field as necessary or as directed by the Market Support manager
• Technically evaluating claims
• To be a backup for technical support within the Customer Support Group
We are looking for a target oriented person with strong abilities to cooperate and develop competence in a structured way.
The service engineer will have the delegated authority as prescribed by the Market Support manager.
• Higher degree of education with a mix of electronics and mechanics for marine engine and their installation in combination with work experience. The university degree for marine applications is recommended
• Min. 5 years experience within the marine industry
• Fluent English language , German in addition will be highly counted
• Support- and team oriented personality with integrity and good communication skills
• Driving License cat. B (active)
• Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge
• He / She shall be preferably proficient in handling negotiations and consistently work with customer focus
• Team focused with ability to work alone
• Action and result minded
• Have a genuine interest in working with people from different cultures and backgrounds. Able to travel when required
• Ability to manage occasional peaks in workload
• Ability to often travels: to support related work and objectives (travels country and abroad)
Place of work: Gdynia, woj. Pomorskie
To apply, click HERE